As a result of strict monitoring activities carried out by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA), 125 facts of violations of the state of emergency regulations were exposed across the country within the last 24 hours, the Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Vladimer Bortsvadze stated.
“96 civilians were fined for a public gathering of more than 10 people. 3 legal entities and 8 physical persons were fined for violating restrictions in the sphere of business activities. Additionally, 5 persons were fined for transporting cross-town travellers by minibus. 13 persons received fined for violating rules of quarantine and self-isolation,” Vladimer Bortsvadze said.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs calls upon citizens to obey restrictions imposed within the frames of the declared state of emergency, otherwise, the measures provided by law will be applied.
The Agency reminds citizens that violation of the emergency regime will result in administrative responsibility – physical persons will be fined with 3000 GEL, while legal entities will be obliged to pay fine in the amount of 15 000 GEL.
In case of the repeated violation of emergency regime regulations, the violator will be brought to criminal justice and face up to three years of imprisonment.
In accordance with the decree of the president and Government of Georgia, the following restrictions have been imposed within the frames of the state of Emergency:
- Public gatherings of more than 10 people are restricted;
- Two-meter social distance was defined in facilities the operation of which has not been suspended;
- Service of public transport was suspended across the country as well as cross-town travelling;
- A number of sanctions imposed on business activities;
- Voluntary leaving of the quarantine zone is restricted;