Following instructions when using pyrotechnics is essential. Pyrotechnics should not be accessible for children – Guga Kashibadze, Head of Tbilisi Burns Center said.
As Kashibadze told Georgian First Channel, the Burns Center received about 30 patients in New Year days and the majority of them were children. According to Kashibadze, the injuries were not serious and the patients were provided with First Medical Aid.
Head of Burns Center called on citizens for being careful. “The so-called petard, New Year fireworks, are not toys. Following instructions when using the pyrotechnics is essential. Pyrotechnics should not be accessible to children. The patients placed in our clinic did not require undergoing surgery. But unfortunately, there were cases in children’s clinics, when kids were subjected to amputation of fingers,” Kashibadze said.