Mamuka Khazaradze, founder of Lelo Movement said that the information about the movement’s members published by Georgian First Channel was kept in their office computer.
The information about 12 members of the movement to be presented to the public on September 18 was published on www.1tv.ge yesterday.
Georgian First Channel contacted several persons on the list and some confirmed the information, which in fact circulated in the social network after the presentation of the movement held in Anaklia resort on September 12.
Khazaradze said that the office of the movement was built with glass walls and every room was made of glass meaning that nothing was meant to be hidden.
“Yesterday night, we discovered that the list that was to be presented to the public on September 18 was already available on the webpage of the public broadcaster. There are two versions – either this information was provided by us though we did not do so, or this information was obtained through various channels by the public broadcaster in financing of which we all participate,” Khazaradze said.
Khazaradze also claimed that the case did not have anything to do with the independence of the media and pledged that the activities of Lelo movement would be transparent and open for journalists.
Mamuka Khazaradze, founder of Lelo movement, introduced the first 12 members of the organization to the public. Members of Lelo, described by Khazaradze as “very serious people,” are the following:
1. Lana Galdava – Lawyer of the Lelo public organization.
2. Levan Bodzashvili – security expert, a constitutionalist.
3. Teona Dolenjashvili – writer.
4. Kakha Kojoridze – Lawyer.
5. Medea Metreveli – philologist
5. Giga Gugushvili – painter, professor.
6. Saba Buadze – a member of the Civic Movement.
7 Gigla Mikautadze – economist.
8. Keti Enukidze – one of the founders of the Stop Corruption organization.
9. Elene Melikishvili – foreign policy researcher.
10. Gia Mordekhashvili – businessman.
11. Davit Gelashvili – economist.
12. Badri Japaridze – one of the founders of TBC Bank.