An explosion of one of the blocks of apartments was averted today in Isani district of Tbilisi.
Locals called specialists of Tbilisi Energy Company to inform that gas smell was felt in the street. A brigade of the company inspected the buildings and found an opened central gas tap in one of the closed houses. The high concentration of the leaked gas was detected inside the house. The outer perimeter and neighbouring houses were also checked later.
The company specialists call on the population for being careful and not to put the lives of others in threat. They also warn them that subscribers are responsible for having the gas system in order inside their living spaces.