CategoriesAll NewsEconomicsPoliticsJusticeincidentElectionsCrimeSocietySportenjoymentRIO 2016ReligionCultureRegionsWorldMediaMedicine/HealthScience & TechEcologyWeather/DisastersMilitaryConflicts/TerrorismWar in UkraineTurkey coup attemptEurovisionEditor's Page
SEARCH NEWS BY DATE
French police have detained family members of Champs Elysees shooter
Update Time: 2017-04-21 19:02:00
French police have detained three family members of the attacker who was shot dead in Paris yesterday after killing a police officer on the Champs Elysees, - Euronews reported,A second suspect in the attack, which also left two other officers and a tourist injured, has handed himself into Belgian police after they alerted Paris of his possible involvement.The French have identified the man as a troubled 39-year old who had previously served time for the attempted murder of three police officers in 2001, and who was on the security service’s watch list.“Over the next few days more than 50,000 police officers and gendarmes will be mobilised to ensure a calm and peaceful election. Nothing must be allowed to interfere with a democratic moment fundamental to the life of our nation,” said Prime Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.Police swept through the family home in Chelles in eastern Paris looking for evidence of links with ISIL, who claimed he was acting on their behalf. Neighbours expressed their shock.“He was a loner. Very solitary. Perhaps he had schizophrenia, I don’t know. But in any case, the guy was very solitary while he treated everyone properly. So to do this it means he lost his mind,” said one young man.Sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2005, state television France 2 reported he had recently been picked up on suspicion of buying firearms, but was released due to lack of evidence.
De facto regime of Tskinvali region will close the so called border
Update Time: 2017-04-20 16:10:00
The de facto regime of Tskinvali region will close the administrative border in connection with inauguration of the so called elected president, Anatoly Bibilov.Inauguration will be held on April 21. As the so-called security committee is reporting, no civilians will be allowed to cross the so called border from 8 PM, April 20 to 7 AM, 22 April.
Russian Foreign Minister wraps up visit in occupied Abkhazia
Update Time: 2017-04-19 20:18:00
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is wrapping up his 2-day visit in Georgia’s one of two occupied regions of Abkhazia. Lavrov talked about the support for the “Abkhazian course” during the meeting with de-facto Abkhazian President Raul Khajimba. "We are interested in supporting your course, aimed at ensuring equal rights for everyone in order the citizens to feel peaceful here," Lavrov said.The Russian Foreign Minister also noted the importance of "implementation of the agreements reached between two countries." "We have good plans, supported by two governments," he added. The so-called Abkhazia President said that important changes had been carried out since Sergey Lavrov's last visit.
Sergey Lavrov to visit occupied Abkhazia on April 18-19
Update Time: 2017-04-17 16:07:00
Sergey Lavrov, Russian Foreign Minister plans to arrive in occupied Abkhazia on April 18-19.Lavrov will participate in the opening ceremony of a new building of Russian Embassy in Sokhumi. On April 19 Lavrov will hold a meeting with de-facto Abkhazian leader and de-facto Minister of Foreign Affairs. Lavrov visit to occupied Abkhazia has been negatively assessed in Tbilisi.
US drops 'largest non-nuclear bomb' in Afghanistan area populated by Isis members
Update Time: 2017-04-14 12:45:00
The US has dropped the "mother of all bombs" - the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the US military - on an area of eastern Afghanistan known to be populated by Isis-affiliated militants.The Pentagon said the strike was the first time the 21,000lb weapon had been used in combat operations.A spokesperson for the US Department of Defence confirmed to The Independent that a MC-130 aircraft dropped a GBU-43 bomb at 7pm local time.The weapon is known in the US Air Force by its nickname MOAB, or "mother of all bombs". MOAB stands for massive ordinance air blast. Pentagon spokesman Adam Stump said the bomb was dropped on a cave complex believed to be used by fighters affiliated to Isis in the Achin district of Nangarhar, close to the border with Pakistan.The mission had been in the planning stages for months, the Pentagon said in a separate statement. However, they "did not have the information" on whether the mission was being planned during the previous Obama administration.US Army General John W Nicholson, commander of the country's forces in Afghanistan, said in a written statement that the strike was designed to minimise the risk to Afghan and US forces conducting clearing operations in the Achin area "while maximising the destruction" of Isis fighters and facilities. He said Isis has been using improvised explosive devices, bunkers and tunnels to strengthen its defences.White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the US had used a “large, powerful and accurately-delivered weapon” to disrupt the movements of militants in the country.
According to preliminary results Anatoliy Bibilov is leading with 57.98 % in so called elections
Update Time: 2017-04-10 20:15:00
According to preliminary results of so called presidential elections held in occupied Tskinvali region, Anatoliy Bibilov is leading with 57.98 %, only 30% voted for so called incumbent President Leonid Tibilov. The so called Central Election Commission reports in that regard. The final results will be published in five days. Anatoliy Bibilov has served for so called Peacekeeping unit deployed in Tskinvali region since 1992. He actively participated in fights against the Georgian military units during Russian aggression in 2008. Having rank of Lieutenant General, he served as so-called Minister of emergency situations of occupied Tskhinvali region. During last two years, he headed the de facto Parliament. The result of so called referendum has been already known. According to decision of 78% of voters the occupied Tskhinvali region will be named as “Republic of South Ossetia — State of Alania” as of today. So called presidential elections and referendum were held in occupied Tskhinvali region yesterday.
Ketevan Tsikhelashvili - Tskinvali region became isolated area bounded by wire fences, where the residents do not have any feeling of progress
Publish Time: 2017-04-10 10:26:00
The so-called election and referendum in Georgia's occupied territories have nothing common with justice. The international community is informed as much as possible and does not recognize the current processes, - Ketevan Tsikhelashvili, State Minister for Reconciliation and Civil Equity made the regarding statement while commenting about the deployments in occupied Tskinvali region.“This process has nothing common with expression of the will of the Ossetian people, especially when hundreds of people were expelled from this territory. Tskinvali region became the isolated area bounded by wire fences, where the residents do not have any feeling of progress. Our Ossetian brothers will soon realize, that it is yet another step towards their isolation and occupation” - Ketevan Tsikhelashvili said.So called presidential elections was held in Occupied Tskhinvali region yesterday. In parallel, the referendum was held about renaming South Ossetia into Republic of Alania.
So called presidential elections ongoing in Occupied Tskhinvali region
Publish Time: 2017-04-09 16:21:00
So called presidential elections are ongoing in Occupied Tskhinvali region. All so called presidential candidates have already arrived at the polling stations and fixed their choice. Three people are running for so called presidency - incumbent so called President Leonid Tibilov, so called parliament speaker Anatoly Bibilov and employee of the so called State Security Committee Alan Gagloev. N parallel, The referendum is being held about renaming South Ossetia into Republic of Alania. Across the region 72 polling stations have been opened at 8 AM.
Egypt's Coptic churches hit by deadly blasts on Palm Sunday
Publish Time: 2017-04-09 15:42:00
Two blasts targeting Coptic Christians on Palm Sunday in Egypt have killed at least 36 people, officials say, - BBC reported.In Alexandria, an explosion outside St Mark's Coptic church killed 11 people. Pope Tawadros II, head of the Coptic Church, had been attending Mass inside and was unhurt, state media reported.An earlier blast at St George's Coptic church in Tanta killed 25 people.So-called Islamic State (IS) says it is behind the explosions. The group has targeted Coptic Christians in Egypt.A police officer who tried to prevent a suicide bomber from detonating his device inside the church was among the dead in Alexandria, the Egypt Independent website reports.The first explosion in Tanta, 94km (58 miles) north of Cairo, took place near the altar, Gen Tarek Atiya, a spokesperson at Egypt's interior ministry, told AFP news agency.Provincial governor Ahmad Deif told the state-run Nile News channel: "Either a bomb was planted or someone blew himself up."A search is under way for any more explosives which could be in the vicinity.
Occupied Tskhinvali region holds so called presidential elections
Publish Time: 2017-04-09 12:11:00
Occupied Tskhinvali region is holding so called presidential elections today. The referendum is being held as well on renaming South Ossetia into Republic of Alania. Across the region 72 polling stations have been opened at 8 AM. As reported, three people are running for so called presidency - incumbent so called President Leonid Tibilov, so called parliament speaker Anatoly Bibilov and employee of the so called State Security Committee Alan Gagloev.
St Petersburg Metro explosion leaves 11 dead
Update Time: 2017-04-03 20:06:00
Eleven people have been killed and more than 20 were critically injured in an explosion on Saint Petersburg subway network today while Russian President Putin was visiting the city. Security measures are reinforced. Rescue and First Medical Aid brigades are mobilized. Law-enforcers are checking the stations. All subway stations are closed. Evacuation from the blast site is over. Helicopters were used in transportation of the injured to various hospitals. There are no Georgian citizens among those injured or killed as a result of metro explosion in St. Petersburg, Georgian Foreign Ministry says.The blast is reported to have involved a shrapnel-filled device in what the Russian prosecutor general described as a terrorist attack. One witness claimed the bomb might have been planted in a briefcase by a man who then changed carriages. Initial reports suggested there had been two explosions, but it was later confirmed that there was a single blast on one train between two stations. The home made device was thought to be equivalent to 200 grams of TNT and was placed on the carriage.Victims were seen being taken out into Sennya Square, a busy intersection station where three of St Petersburg's five metro lines intersect. Russia's President Putin - who was meeting his Belarusian counterpart Lukashenko in St Petersburg today - has expressed his condolences after the "possible terror attack".
Agreement on integration of so called South Ossetia troops with Russian armed forces to be signed today
Update Time: 2017-03-30 12:06:00
The agreement on integration of so called South Ossetia’s troops with Russia’s armed forces will be signed by Russia and so-called South Ossetia’s defense ministers in Moscow. The agreement envisages South Ossetian residents military service in Russian Army and their departure for the Russian military bases voluntarily.
Man abducted from occupational line
Update Time: 2017-03-27 12:12:00
Kakhaber Kisishvili, has been abducted from the occupational line by Russian soldiers. He is the local of Plavi village of Gori district.According to locals he was abducted from Otrevi village. He reported that Kisishvili has health problems.
Greek police confiscate 8 packages with explosives
Publish Time: 2017-03-22 09:49:00
Authorities found eight packages with explosives Monday that were intended for European recipients, a police spokeswoman confirmed.The packages were identical to two sent last week to German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schauble and to IMF offices in Paris.A local terrorist organization, Conspiracy of Fire Nuclei, claimed responsibility for the packages last week.The eight found Monday were confiscated by authorities who located them at the Greek Post Office's distribution center in Kryoneri, Athens, police said.Police have not yet announced who the recipients were but only that the packages were to be sent to European countries.
Meeting of Group on Incidents Prevention and Response Mechanisms to be held
Update Time: 2017-03-21 12:15:00
The meeting of Group on Incidents Prevention and Response Mechanisms will be held in Gali today. Lali Basaria, wife of Giorgi Lukava kept at Drand Prison arrived at Enguri Bridge. Basaria met with Kakhaber Kemoklidze, Deputy Head of Analytical Department of State Security Service who heads the Georgian delegation. Basaria said that her husband dad been pardoned for 55 days but he had not been handed over to the Georgian side. Kemoklidze said the Georgian side had no information about Lukava’s pardoning. Lukava, 52, has been imprisoned for already 6 years. He is charged for being chef of separatist gang in Abkhazian war. De-facto Abkhazian court sentenced Giorgi Lukava to 20 years in prison.
13 out of 35 candidates were elected in so called parliamentary elections in occupied Abkhazia
Update Time: 2017-03-13 20:28:00
According to preliminary information, only 13 out of 35 candidates were elected as so called Majoritarian MPs in so called parliamentary elections of the occupied Abkhazia. The second round of so called elections will be held in 22 single-mandate constituencies on March 26.According to reports, among those 13 candidates, who have won the race is de facto ex-president Alexander Ankvab. On 12 March 2017, the so-called parliamentary elections were held in occupied Abkhazia region of Georgia. Official Tbilisi denounces the so called elections as illegitimate. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia has released a statement. The Ministry appeals to the international community to give a due assessment to the illegal so-called parliamentary elections and calls upon the Russian Federation to respect the fundamental norms and principles of international law.
Second round of so called elections to be held in 22 constituencies of occupied Abkhazia
Publish Time: 2017-03-13 12:20:00
The second round of so called parliamentary elections will be held in 22 single-mandate constituencies of occupied region of Abkhazia in two weeks. In 12 out of 35 constituencies the so called Majoritarian MPs were elected. In remaining one constituency, due to low turnout , the repeated election will be held in two months. The de facto Central Election Commission reports in that regard.Illegitimate elections were monitored by so called international observers, mainly from Russia, Belarus, occupied South Ossetia, the breakaway Donetsk and Lugansk regions, as well as Transnistria and Nagorno-Karabak. They fixed certain violations, however according to them it will not affect the results.The so-called Parliamentary elections was held in Georgia’s one of two occupied regions of Abkhazia on March 12.
So-called Parliamentary elections is being held in occupied Abkhazia
Update Time: 2017-03-12 16:35:00
The so-called Parliamentary elections is being held in Georgia’s one of two occupied regions of Abkhazia.Throughout the region, the 35 single-mandate constituencies are electing representatives for forming the de facto parliament. Polling stations are opened in the Gali district as well, where only a few hundred people can vote out of 50 thousand of population.The so-called preliminary results of the elections will be announced in 21:00.
Queues at crossing points along the occupation line in Abkhazia
Update Time: 2017-03-06 16:34:00
Citizens are queuing unable to cross the administrative border at the so called check-point located in the Tchuburkhinji village of Gali district of occupied Abkhazia.Russian occupation regime closed the so called crossing points - Khurcha-Nabakevi and Orsantia-Otobaia along the occupation line yesterday. In addition, it is reported that de facto government plans to close Saberio-Pakhulani crossing point as well.On March 5 Georgia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement regarding the developments: “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia condemns the closure of the so-called crossing points by the Russian occupation regime in the villages of Nabakevi and Otobaia, the Abkhazia region. Noteworthy that during the year of 2016 the representatives of the occupation regime closed the so-called crossing points in the villages of Tagiloni and Lekukhona. On 5 March 2017, they abolished two more so-called crossing points along the occupation line.This decision grossly violates fundamental rights to freedom of movement, privacy and family life, access to education and health care for the local population and serves for isolation of the occupied Abkhazia region from the rest of the world. The decrease of number of the so-called crossing points along the occupation line will aggravate already difficult humanitarian situation in Abkhazia region, especially the life of vulnerable groups, such as: elderlies, people in need of medical care or medical evacuation and schoolchildren, which will provoke further destabilization of the situation on the ground.Despite clear-cut appeals by the international community, including the UN, the EU, NATO, the USA,
So called Checkpoints in Gali district closed - Official Tbilisi expects the response of the international community
Publish Time: 2017-03-05 16:00:00
By the decision of Abkhazia's de facto government, so called Kurcha-Nabakevi and Orsantia-Otobaia passed has been closed since morning.Locals are afraid that another point - Saberio-Pakhulani may be soon as well.It is unclear whether the school students will be able to continue study at schools located in Zugdidi and Tsalenjikha districts of Samegrelo region.The Georgian side also raised the issue at the Gali negotiations two weeks ago. Georgian Foreign Ministry calls on Russia to suspend provocative actions.Official Tbilisi expects the response of the international community.
2017-04-22 18:46:00 | 1TV
Panic at central Paris train station as 'knife-wielding man threatens police'
2017-04-22 16:28:00 | 1TV
Chief UN investigator: most victims killed with conventional and not chemical weapons in Syria
2017-04-22 16:08:00 | 1TV
NGOs presents alternative package of amendments to Constitutional Commission